Are you doing anything special for Heart Month? I put up a display with facts on heart health and stocked it with books on nutrition, exercise, and heart related books (heart surgery etc.) I also put a Heart & Stroke bookmark inside each book on display.
Here are a few really good heart reads:
- Heart: The Inside Story of Our Body’s Most Heroic Organ By Johannes Hinrich von Borstel
- The End of Heart Disease: The Eat to Live Plan to Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease By Joel Fuhrman
- Open Heart: A Cardiac Surgeon’s Stories of Life and Death on the Operating Table By Stephen Westaby
- The Open Heart Companion: Preparation and Guidance for Open-heart Surgery Recovery By Maggie Lichtenberg
- The Man Who Touched His Own Heart: True Tales of Science, Surgery, and Mystery By Rob R. Dunn
- A Hole in My Heart By Rie Charles