Don’t have access to scholarly journals? Need help finding free, full text material online? Check out this extensive list of free medical/health science journals and books- all free!
Get ready for the following books to become movies in 2015!
- Dark Places by Gillian Flynn- hopefully this will be as good as Gone Girl!
- Fifty Shades of Grey by E L James- oh my, is all I can say about this one
- Insurgent by Veronica Roth- if you’re into the dystopian thing
- The Longest Ride by Nicholas Sparks- typical Sparks love story
- Paper Towns by John Green- another best-seller of John Green, author of The Fault in our Stars
- Me Before You by JoJo Moyes- I’ve heard this book is a real tear-jerker, so I’m guessing the movie will be too
- Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins- the second half of the book, for those who have been left hanging
- The Secret Scripture by Sebastian Barry- looking forward to this one, as it’s been on my reading list for awhile now- “a 100-year-old mental patient, investigates her past and unearths some troubling memories”
- Room by Emma Donoghue- looking forward to this one, as well- it was an incredible read! The story is told through the eyes of a 5 year old boy, who is held captive in a small room with his mother.
I came across an interesting read the other day that I thought I’d share: So you want to be a medical librarian, perhaps? The article interviews four medical librarians and gives useful advice on how they got started in the field. For any of you out there interested in pursuing a career in the health sciences, as I am, it’s definitely worth a read!
My own tips, which I have done so far, include the following: