I recently attended a workshop called “Skilled Immigrants,” which provided information on immigration and job searching in Canada. Many of the job search resources covered were not only applicable to immigrants, but also to anyone searching for a new career, or anyone interested in general career development. Below is a list of some of the resources that I found most interesting:
- Sokanu– take their quiz and find out what career matches your personality and interests.
- Careerealism– contains many useful articles on career development, work-life balance, job searching, and much more.
- Eluta– a job search engine of Canada’s top 100 employers. One feature that I found to be particularly helpful was the Career Directory for New Grads- choose your degree, field of study, and search for employers that recruit people with that specific educational background!
- Quintessential Careers– loads of job search tools and career resources.
- GlassDoor– a job search engine; an inside look at companies, and most useful- practice interview questions actually used at companies.
- Alison– engage in life-long learning with these free, certified online courses.
- GCF Learn Free– free online learning, including job development courses.
- Rate My Employer– research and screen potential employers.